roof repair program
The application process for our roof repair program is open.
Interested applicants, please click the button below to fill out our pre-application survey.
Please read the information below for more information on this program’s requirements.
Eligibility requirements include*:
- No mobile or manufactured homes
- No townhomes
- Maximum income requirements (please see graph)
- Must own and live in your home
- Taxes & mortgage are current
- Home built 1970-2005
- Located in unincorporated Orange County
*Please Note: The eligibility requirements above are intended provide an overview, rather than an exhaustive list. Award will be subject to approval of final application through Orange County and funding availability.
The application process
- Applications will open on 10 a.m. Sept. 1. Please visit this page to take a prequalification survey then. You will be asked about the requirements listed above.
- If you meet the prequalification requirements, you will be sent a formal application – and be asked to submit supporting documents, including***:
- Copies of a valid driver’s license or Florida State identification card for every adult in the household.
- Copies of four (4) most recent pay stubs:
- For all working household members.
- From each employer for those who have more than one job.
- For self employment, we require the following:
- Must provide complete tax returns for the two most recent years (all schedules must be included).
- Verification/award letter for any b,enefits received (i.e. Social security, pensions, alimony, child support, TANF, etc).
- Forms must be dated within the last 60 days.
- Needed for all household members if applicable.
- For Child Support we require proof of Child Support payments received.
- Copies of Income Tax returns for last two (2) years.
- Copies of W-2(s) from employer(s) for the last two (2) years or the 1099 form for the last two (2) years.
- Verification of homeowner’s insurance policy on the home to be repaired, including flood insurance if the home is located in a flood hazard. Check here to verify if your home is located in such an area.
- Habitat Orlando & Osceola construction staff will contact applicants for a roof pre-inspection.
- Eligible applicants will then be sent to Orange County Government for final approval. This may take several months.
- Approved applicants will be contacted to execute final paperwork for the roof repair to be completed.
***Additional documents may be requested as we process your application.
Questions? Call Habitat Orlando & Osceola at (407) 472-0748.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.