roof repair program
The application process for our roof repair program is open.
Please read the information below for more information on the program’s requirements. A link to the prequalification survey – the first step of an application – is located at the end of the page.
Eligibility requirements include*:
- No mobile or manufactured homes
- No townhomes
- Maximum income requirements (please see graph)
- Must own and live in your home
- Taxes & mortgage are current
- Located in either unincorporated Orange County or the City of Orlando
- Certain specialized roof types may not be eligible
*Please Note: Habitat Orlando & Osceola staff will determine whether to send your application to the City of Orlando or Orange County based on your property’s location. The eligibility requirements above are intended provide an overview, rather than an exhaustive list. Award will be subject to approval of final application through either the City of Orlando or Orange County and funding availability.
The application process
- Take the prequalification survey on this page. You will be asked about the requirements listed above.
- If you meet the prequalification requirements, you will be sent a formal application – and be asked to submit supporting documents, such as:
- Identification documents for all household members such as birth certificates, social security cards and drivers licenses
- Legal documents verifying relationships such as marriage licenses, divorce decrees, adoption or guardianship papers
- Income documentation such as pay stubs, benefit award letters (SSI, Social Security Retirement etc),child support order and payment history, tax returns
- If self-employed, we require the following:
- Must provide complete tax returns (w2 or 1099) for the two most recent years (All schedules must be included).
- Year to Date Profit and Loss (prepared by third party)
- Asset verification for all household members, including most recent bank statements for checking, savings, money market, CD’s. Verification of any stocks, bonds, retirements plans or life insurance policies.
- Proof of homeowners insurance and flood insurance if home is in a flood zone
- Most recent mortgage statements
- Proof you live in the home
- Proof you own the home
- Each applicant’s situation is unique and the documents required will depend on the applicant’s individual situation.
- Habitat Orlando & Osceola construction staff will contact applicants for a roof pre-inspection. This may take several months.
- Eligible applicants will then be sent to the funding agency for final approval. This may take several months.
- Approved applicants will be contacted to execute final paperwork for the roof repair to be completed.
Questions? Call Habitat Orlando & Osceola at (407) 472-0748.
Interested applicants, please click the button below to fill out our pre-application survey.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.