2019 has been an amazing year at Habitat for Humanity Greater Orlando & Osceola County. Our team has been hard at work to advance our vision of a world where everyone has a safe, decent and affordable place to live. As we close this chapter, we’re excited to share some of the accomplishments that this year has brought – and we can’t wait to see what the new year holds!
- Nearing completion of the 34 homes in the Arbor Bend community in Apopka. None of this would have been possible without our incredible construction team, the hard work of volunteers and the generous support of donors. As we kick off 2020, construction is well under way in Silver Pines Pointe and beginning in Juniper Bend. We can’t wait to welcome volunteers to the build site, and, ultimately, welcome more families into their new, affordable homes!
- Hosting festive volunteer & fundraising events with Holiday Build and Women Build. Each of these events brought some enthusiastic groups to the build site, who also generously supported our mission through donations and fundraising. Thank you to everyone who participated and helped make these events a success, who supported financially, and helped spread the word about these events and the mission behind them.
- Celebrating another year of Community Development with Greater Malibu Groves. Community Conversations continued to grow and achieved 501(c)(4) status. Nine residents of the community completed the Polis Institute’s Propel leadership program, proposing solutions to community concerns. Resident leader Cynthia Harris joined Habitat staff at the Habitat International Affiliate Conference to share about Neighborhood Revitalization efforts. And through home repair and resident leadership, the community saw growth in many other ways! Thanks for a great year.
- Seeing four homes built in one week during Builders Blitz. Thanks to the generosity of K. Hovnanian Homes, Park Square Homes, PCL Construction and Pulte Homes, four families literally watched their dream of homeownership come to life in a week’s time.
- Closing on 26 affordable houses with our homeowners. We were excited to see so many families and individuals begin to experience the stability that comes with affordable homeownership. We look forward to welcoming more homeowners in the new year and seeing them through their journey – from application to closing. Welcome home!
Thank you to everyone who has been a part of the milestone and accomplishments of this year. We can’t do it without the generous support of our donors, volunteers and partners.
We look forward to another incredible year in 2020, as we work to make the Cost of Home something everyone can afford.
Happy New Year, all!